Zoo to You specialises in bringing the educational wildlife experience of zoo’s and wildlife parks directly into the classroom environment. Students are able to interact with a range of native Australian wildlife without the need for permission slips, school buses or any of the other complications and costs of school trips.
We can create programs that are specifically tailored to your needs, either for entertainment or to meet specific learning outcomes and targets for educational purposes.
Our programs complement the National Australian Curriculum, particularly the Science – Life and Living Strand with topics including:
- Mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibian, insects, marine and reef
- Australian animals, insects, mini beasts & creepy crawlies and marine under the sea creatures
- Habitats & ecosystems, environmental issues, conservations & sustainability, biodiversity
- Endangered species
- Life cycles, adaptations, classification, food chains
- Pets, animals health and care
- Snake and crocodile safely
- Marine creatures, coral reef and safety, reef conservation
- Wetlands, rainforest and deserts
We work to ensure your students will go away with an appreciation and a positive view towards conservation of our native wildlife. Zoo to You prefers to do each classroom separately to provide that personal learning experience. All presentations are designed specifically for your class rooms learning and can cater to your needs whether prep classes or year 12 biology.
Students will learn all about the animal’s habitats, diets, behaviours and more, but most importantly they get to touch and interact with the animals, making this a more meaningful and important real life experience.
In addition to our educational programs, we can also provide a range of entertainment presentations for classrooms, school fetes and community events. This is the perfect solution for fundraising and for providing exciting
experiences for the entire school community.
$11 per head – (incl of GST)
* No min fee applies *
In line with the Building Waterfalls and Early Years Learning Framework, Zoo to You delivers educational and interactive hands on learning for all Kindergartens.
In consultation with Jodie a decision on your program is made to make sure the hour we are with your children meets your outcomes and ours.
We offer 3 programs, which range in your choice of Wildlife:
- Australian Wildlife – Crocodile, Python, Lizard, Papuan Frogmouth and Sugar Glider
- Insects and Creepy Crawlies – Stick insect, Giant burrowing Cockroach, Millipede, Meal worms, crickets and animals that eat insects which include a crocodile, lizard and sugar glider
- Marine under the Sea Creatures – Sea stars, Sea Urchins, Sea Cucumber, Snails, Crabs, baby Shark and even a Turtle and a Crocodile will make an appearance
Contact Jodie for special prices due to having to book 2 separate shows in one week for your community kindergarten
With no travel costs and zero hassle Zoo to You can come to your child care centre and create a program that best fits your learning outcomes.
We offer a range of programs from
- Australian Wildlife
- Insects and Creepy Crawlies and
- Marine under the Sea Creatures
Our Educators deliver your wildlife shows at the level of your children and prefer to split them within their age groups.
All shows are in line with the Early Years Learning Framework and with our own outcomes of teaching children about what it is, where it lives, how it survives and what it eats.
You will be amazed at how we can get your children to sit in a circle and learn about our wildlife for their allocated times and remember everything for weeks on end.
Contact Jodie early to lock in your dates for the year as we fill up very fast and in advance.
Cost – $9 per head (incl of GST)
*minimum fee of 30 children applies*